The following rules apply in all contests or promotions sponsored by CKSQ FM/REAL COUNTRY 93.3,
which is owned and operated by Newcap Radio. By participating in any such contests or promotions,
listeners agree to be bound by these rules. In addition, particular contests or promotions may have rules
that are specific to those contests or promotions. If the particular rules for a specific contest or
promotion conflict with the following general rules, the particular rules will be in effect.
General Contest Rules
1. Dates/Terms/Eligibility: CKSQ FM/REAL COUNTRY 93.3 (the “Station”) may change the dates and/or
terms of the Contest without prior notice. Any material changes will be broadcast on the Station and/or
posted on its website. The Contest is open to legal Canadian residents residing in Alberta. There is no
purchase necessary to enter or win. Employees or agents of Newcap Radio stations or any entity
associated with the Contest, as well as members of the same household of any such employee or agent
may not participate.
2. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and may not be substituted, except by sponsors for
reasons of unavailability. In which case, a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. CKSQ FM/REAL
COUNTRY 93.3 assumes no responsibility or liability for damages loss or injury resulting from acceptance
or use of the prize. CKSQ FM/REAL COUNTRY 93.3 is not responsible for replacing tickets in the event of
show cancellations as a result of weather, promoter or performer.
3. Conditions/Restrictions: Each winner will be required to produce identification satisfactory to the
Station. Each winner will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and release, including a publicity
release, as prepared by the Station prior to receiving their prize. Each winner will be responsible for any
taxes or fees that result from the receipt and/or use of their prize. The Contest is void where prohibited
by law. Anyone using fraudulent means to participate and/or win the Contest will be disqualified.
Contestants are limited to one prize per every 30 days.
4. Conditions/Restrictions: CKSQ FM/REAL COUNTRY 93.3 is not responsible for errors, problems or
delays in the mail or telephone systems that may prevent callers or entries from reaching CKSQ
FM/REAL COUNTRY 93.3. When listeners call the CKSQ FM/REAL COUNTRY 93.3 contest line and if a
caller gets disconnected for any reason before their name and phone number have been recorded,
another call will be taken. Decisions of the CKSQ FM/REAL COUNTRY 93.3 judges are final. All contest
entries will become the property of CKSQ FM/REAL COUNTRY 93.3.
5. Release and Indemnification: In exchange for the right to participate in the Contest, each participant
agrees to release and indemnify the Station, and its officers, directors, agents, parent companies,
subsidiaries and employees (the “Released Parties”), from any and all claims, demands and/or causes of
action of any nature or kind whatsoever, whether presently known or unknown, foreseen or
unforeseen, that arise out of the participant’s participation in the Contest.
6. Rules: Any violation of these rules will result in disqualification. Copies of these rules are available at
the Station’s website, in person at the Station’s studios (4812A-50 Street | Box 2050 Stettler, AB T0C
2L0) during regular business hours (Weekdays 8:30AM – 5:00PM) or by sending a request, along with a
self-addressed stamped envelope, to the Station at this address.
Special Internet Rules
1. Game and contest participants using the Internet must provide a valid email address. Limit one entry
per email address.
2. CKSQ FM/REAL COUNTRY 93.3 and sponsors not responsible for technical, hardware, software or
telephone or other transmission failures of any kind; lost or unavailable network connections; or
incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions whether caused by CKSQ FM/REAL COUNTRY
93.3, users, by any equipment or programming utilized in promotions, games or contests, or by human
error which may occur in the processing of submissions, which may limit a participant’s ability to
3. CKSQ FM/REAL COUNTRY 93.3 reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend a
promotion, game or contest should a virus, bug, computer or other problem beyond the control of CKSQ
FM/REAL COUNTRY 93.3 corrupt the administration, security or proper execution of any Internet
promotion, game or contest, or the Internet portion of any promotion, game or contest. CKSQ FM/REAL
COUNTRY 93.3, in its sole discretion, may award prizes to entries received by alternate means. All
Internet participants agree to be bound by these rules, and the Official General Rules appearing above.
Generic Station Rules
1. Employees of Newcap Radio, CKSQ FM/REAL COUNTRY 93.3, its associated agencies, and their
immediate families are not eligible to win.
2. Any and all federal, provincial, and local laws apply to all contests.
3. Winner’s voice or likeness may be used in conjunction with recorded announcements or outside
advertising for CKSQ FM/REAL COUNTRY 93.3. Winners may be recorded and played back on-air, on any
of the Newcap Radio stations.
4. Prizes must be claimed within 30 days of winning unless otherwise noted.
5. Any additional costs related to the prize or incurred as a result of accepting the prize are the sole
responsibility of the winner.
6. Prize is awarded as is to the winner only. No substitutions or transfers of prizes permitted.
7. Prize has no cash value.
8. In the case of ballot entry contests; if ballot form is illegible, a new form will be drawn
9. Ballots must be filled out by actual person entering to win contest. No substitutions. If ballot was filled
out by a third person, a new ballot will be drawn.
10. CKSQ FM/REAL COUNTRY 93.3 may not be held responsible for any technical difficulties, for example
studio equipment or phones that result in a potential winner being disconnected on studio lines.
11. CKSQ FM/REAL COUNTRY 93.3 reserves the right to supplement or change contest rules at any time.
The decisions of Newcap Radio are final.
12. By participating in any contests, entrants agree to be bound by the official rules and regulations of
13. CKSQ FM/REAL COUNTRY 93.3 makes no warranties regarding the safety, condition, or fitness of any
prizes awarded, and will not be responsible for any loss, damage or injury suffered by a winner through
the use of any awarded prize.
14. CKSQ FM/REAL COUNTRY 93.3 reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value;
winners do not have any right to substitution of prizes.
15. CKSQ FM/REAL COUNTRY 93.3 will not be responsible for mail that has been lost, damaged or
16. Prize winners must be at least 18 years old, unless otherwise specified.
17. Where a prize consists of tickets for a sporting event, concert, movie, play or similar event, CKSQ
FM/REAL COUNTRY 93.3 will not be responsible for cancellation. In that event, the winner must deal
exclusively with the promoter of the event.
18. Winners are solely responsible for all taxes, duties, or other costs that may be associated with the
winning of a prize.
19. Particular contests may limit eligibility to persons of a certain age, who live in a given geographic
location, or who work in a particular job, by way of example. Contestants are responsible for
determining whether such eligibility limitations apply to a particular contest or promotion.
20. In its discretion, CKSQ FM/REAL COUNTRY 93.3 may require winners to sign a release form in order
to receive the prize. In such a case, the winner will not be entitled to receive the prize without signing
21. The interpretation of these and all other rules relating to contests or promotions sponsored by CKSQ
FM/REAL COUNTRY 93.3 is reserved exclusively to CKSQ FM/REAL COUNTRY 93.3. Its decisions shall be
22. Winners are prohibited from the use or resale of prizes for financial gain. Those found in violation of
this policy will be barred from any future giveaways/promotions executed by CKSQ FM/REAL COUNTRY